Volunteers are the lifeblood of Habitat for Humanity. Whether you are a builder or have never used a hammer, YOU can make a difference in your community. We are so excited to bring volunteers back in full capacity!
Here are some frequently asked questions:
When & where can I volunteer?
Our affiliate has build sites, events and ReStores across our service area: from South St. Petersburg to New Port Richey!
Tuesday – Saturday
8:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Monday – Saturday
Clearwater 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM or 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Palm Harbor 10:30 AM – 2:00 PM or 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
What are the age requirements?
Volunteers 18 years and older may register themselves, watch the safety video and sign up for a shift. 16 and 17 year olds must provide a waiver of liability signed by a parent or guardian. They may work on a construction site but may not use power tools. 14 and 15 year olds must provide a waiver of liability signed by a parent or guardian. They are only allowed to work on landscaping and paint days.
What will I be doing?
Construction activities could include:
- Framing interior walls
- Installing soffit and fascia
- Installing insulation board
- Installing windows, doors and cabinets
- Trim work
- Cleaning the site and house
ReStore volunteers are need in all aspects of customer service including assistance with donation acceptance, greeting and stocking.
What should I wear?
Volunteers must wear sturdy closed toe shoes such as work boots or sneakers. Jewelry and loose clothes are not recommended.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring lunch, snacks and any drinks they might want. Water is provided
- We suggest that volunteers check the weather report and bring things appropriate for the day: rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, hats, or extra layers of clothing may be useful to have with you.
- We will provide all the necessary tools for you.
What about lunch?
We ask all volunteers to bring their own lunch. Groups are welcome to have lunch brought in for their volunteers. Water is provided.
I’m ready! How do I sign up?
- Visit habitatpwp.org/volunteer.
- Select individual or group volunteer.
- Fill out the contact info form and review our safety information.
- Head to the calendar to reserve your spot!
Additional questions? Contact us at email@example.com.