We are actively recruiting for AmeriCorps members to serve in the 2021-22 term. Please note that acceptance into the program is subject to official position approval, a background check, and Habitat for Humanity International applicant approval. All candidates have to be approved by HFHI before we will receive their resumes.
Benefits of Service:
- Living allowance $16,300 for approximately 10 ½ months of service.
- Segal Education Award of $6,345, upon successful completion of service.
- Health care benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Personal and medical leave — approximately 10 days total.
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
- Child care benefits, if you qualify.
- Worker’s compensation insurance.
Available AmeriCorps Positions:
Construction Crew Leader
The construction crew leader plays an integral part in building and repairing homes. Lead groups of skills and unskilled volunteers and homeowner families in construction activities while maintaining a safe, efficient work environment, thus, developing and enhancing your volunteer management and construction skills.
- Typically serve Tuesday – Saturday on the build site.
- Assist with all aspects of hands-on construction tasks including, but not limited to, demolition, site prep, framing, insulation, drywall, flooring, roofing, finish carpentry and landscaping.
- Projects may include new construction, rehabilitation, critical home repair and weatherization projects.
- Lead small groups of volunteers and facilitate safe and positive experiences for everyone working on site.
- Maintain site safety by adhering to Habitat construction safety policies, modeling best practices and guidelines, volunteer education and site monitoring.
This position will focus on home construction aspects of Habitat affiliate operations and will benefit over 65, persons with disabilities, military/veteran, youth, young professional and faith-based populations.